Selenium is an open source automation testing framework used for validating web applications. This testing framework is compatible on most of the modern web browsers and operating systems. It is most flexible, user friendly and highly efficient testing tool available in the market. Software testers can develop and run test scripts on several programming languages such as Java, Perl, C, C++, Ruby, Python, .Net, etc. This testing tool is compatible on several operating systems such as Windows, Mac and Linux. In this article, we are going to discuss about selenium automation testing tool and the advantages of taking selenium training in Chennai.
Why to Use Selenium?
Selenium is most popular and widely used automation testing tool in the market for validating web applications. The demand of this testing framework is further increased by its compatibility to function with most of the web browsers and operating system in the market. When compared to other testing tool available in the market, selenium is very flexible, most efficient and easy to develop, run and execute test scripts.
Selenium allows the developers to write test scripts in any programming language that the testers are comfortable with. It is not necessary to write test scripts in specific programming language that the software application under test is developed on. For an example, if the application is developed on Python, it is not essential to write test scripts in Python, you can choose either .Net or Java. Selenium supports several programming languages such as Ruby, Python, Java and C #. So, the users can enjoy more freedom in choosing the programming language in which he/she is comfortable with. Taking selenium training is best option to enter automation testing industry with good salary package.
Selenium automation testing framework consists of four major components, namely
- Selenium Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Selenium Remote Control (RC)
- Web Driver
- Selenium Grid
If you are interested in starting your career in Selenium automation testing, it is recommended to take selenium course in Chennai from reputed training institute to boost your testing skills and knowledge.
Advantages of Using Selenium Automation Testing Tool:
- Selenium is cost effective testing tool as it is an open source platform. Its features can be compared to HP QTP which is commercial testing tool in same category.
- Selenium is very easy to install and configure
- Selenium can automatically generate and execute test scripts in various browsers and operating systems simultaneously
- Selenium offer various components that can be selected based upon the complex implementation of the web page or systems.
- It offers extended support for mobile development platform such as Android, iPhone and Windows
FITA is the best selenium training institute in Chennai offering professional software testing training in Chennai on various automation testing tools by experts. We also offer QTP Training and Loadrunner training.